02/03/2017 – Update v8.6 Scythe Free Expansion, Scripting & Loading Improvements & More!
Update v8.6 focuses on improvements galore! We’ve improved some of the UI based on feedback, improved loading quite a bit and even VR got some love! We also made some additions and improvements to scripting.
And our DLC, Scythe, got an update, to not just make it more user friendly and pretty, but to add in the expansion, Invaders from Afar for free! You will see some great improvements and additions to Scythe and we hope you like the changes.
DLC Scythe Expansion – Invaders from Afar
- This is a free update for the base DLC game, Scythe, by Stonemaier Games.
- Scythe has been updated to be more user friendly and is our first DLC to include scripting.
- Invaders from Afar adds two new factions, Albion and Togawa.
- The Invaders from Afar rules are incorporated into the existing two rule books.
- Automa cards have been updated to incorporate the new Factions.
- The table is restructured to accommodate the two new factions, turning it from a 5 max to a 7 max player game.
- The Tablets have been removed from the retail box and the links to the PDF’s have been added to the Notebook.
- The bulk of the factions elements now start the game off the table.
- Each player has an animated button in front of them with a scripted control that only they can press. This will spawn all their standard faction components as well as one new addition for each player.
- Each player is now given a two button box that controls the hidden zone over the player’s Power Dial, which only they can manipulate.
- These buttons allow the player to raise and lower this Hidden zone at will during the combat phase and completely replaces the old method of combat power revelation.
- To play Scythe properly in Single Player mode, the player must take the Black (game master) color to enable full control over all faction specific buttons on the table.
- All assets overhauled with brand new materials and shaders.
- Note: Old Scythe saves will not work. Please update to the latest version.
- Added text to the main Top Menu for ease of use.
- Added date to delay tooltip for Games menu – Workshop and saves
- Added tooltips to main menu selections.
- Cleaned up various areas of the UI so they are all matching.
- Games menu can now sort by the last “Loaded”.
- Auto save can now be deleted and expanded like other save files.
- Improved spacing of tooltip when adding a delay tooltip like description.
- Renamed Custom Tile type ‘Mat’ to ‘Rounded’.
- Renamed Saves/Chest folder to Saves/Saved Objects and moved all files over.
- Greatly cleaned up overall code base for faster iteration times in the future.
- Clicking copied to guid to clipboard closes the contextual menu.
- print() goes in all chat tabs now.
- Optimized an empty global script from being executed
- Fixed some bugs with auto play scripts
- All past tense events made present tense (ie, onPickedUp() renamed to onPickUp()) deprecated old calls
- setVelocity(table velocityVector) setAngularVelocity(table angularVelocityVector)
- resting (set)
- getStates() name, guid, id
- More reliable without getting stuck loading.
- Unified all loading under one system for better maintainability.
- Loading progress more accurate to how many unique assets are having to be loaded.
- Fixed issues when changing from one game to another while loading.
- Normal maps load much faster.
- Objects that fail to load will no longer fall through the table but will be locked in the correct position.
- Loading progress will inform you if mod caching is turned off.
- Added a better DLC loading progress indicator.
- Almost eliminated massive lag right when DLC finishes loading.
- VR players can peek when zooming an object by turning their hand. This will no longer hide the object and the peek symbol will show on the item so others are aware.
- VR Alt zoom now works on assetbundles.
- Search and Peek icons show up correctly in VR.
- Fixed VR so it can interact with 3D UI elements just like regular mode.
- Updated most DLCs with links to rulebooks in the Notebook.
- Turn order is now based on the position of the hands on the table instead of a preset list.
- Shaking a stated object will no longer shuffle it.
- Improved sharpness of Assetbundle textures by adding negative mipmap bias to main texture.
- Increased states and effects selection menu from 50 to 99 cap.
- Added better error handling and reporting for Workshop downloading.
- Added broadcast message when copying something to your clipboard.
- Updated Help Menu with Top Down camera info.
- Fixed DLCs with Tablets not loading Rulebooks.
- Fixed issue with returning to main menu with a DLC loaded breaking that DLC in future loads.
- Fixed some selected drop shadow issues with overlapping windows.
- Fixed issue with ‘End Turn’ getting stuck on screen / broken turns.
- Fixed issue with Camera bouncing off non locked objects.
- Fixed issue with Alt zoom on jigsaw puzzle box being upside down at default position.
- Fixed potential memory leak from spotlight.
- Fixed issue with users choosing game master when not the host.
- FIxed issue with Tooltip word wrap not ignoring bbcode and causing weird spacing.
- Fixed issue with Table getting destroyed by falling through the world and breaking the game.
- Fixed issue with 3D objects clipping and overlapping 2D menus.
- Fixed issue with Custom boards not resizing correctly.
- Fixed issue with Korean characters not working correctly in the chat.
- Fixed promoted player spawning custom table / background from expanding a save.
- Fixed loading .cjc error with corrupt custom decks.
Discuss this post on our forums!