Happy October! We’ve got some exciting stuff for you this week, with the brand new (and much requested feature), deck searching! Thanks everyone for posting your feature suggestions, as well as upvoting for your favorites in our /r/tabletopsimulator thread. There’s still more to come! Public games have also been improved with more options for the host.
- Right clicking on a deck then choosing search will create a wheel of cards in the order of the deck.
- Search can be used to find a card, rearrange, remove, or add to a deck easily.
- Moving your mouse to the left or right of the wheel will spin it, keeping 8 cards visible at a time.
- If you want to search the deck privately, bring the deck into your hand before you start the search.
- The red box shows the division between the top and bottom card.
- Host can now change the color of a player or move them to spectator.
- Host can now disable color selection for players and manually assign colors.
- Host can also disable players from editing the notepad.
- Cleaned up ‘Host Options’ menu to make each option more clear.
- Holding ‘ALT’ no longer swaps between camera modes (use ‘P’ to toggle between).
- Chat messages added when swapping between camera modes.
- ‘WASD’ now serves as the pan camera for both modes, instead of duplicating ‘Right mouse Button’.
- ‘Arrows keys’ now rotates the camera just like ‘Right mouse Button’.
3rd Person Camera (Default):
- Default camera now controls almost identically to a MMO camera.
- ‘WASD’ pans the focus point and ‘Right Mouse Button’ orbits the camera around that point.
1st Person Camera:
- Controls just like a spectator free cam in a FPS style game.
- ‘WASD’ moves your location and ‘Right Mouse Button’ rotates the view.
- ‘Space Bar’ makes the camera rise and ‘CTRL’ makes the camera lower (slowed down).
- Now using new UI with dynamic fonts with black outline.
- Hides properly when the UI is hidden with ‘f12’.
- Alt zoom now works when rotating the camera with ‘Right Mouse’.
- Object highlighting will be a lot less pixelated at higher video settings (MSAA now works on highlighting).
- Chat no longer blocks picking up objects through it.
- When dealing out the entire deck to multiple people, one card will no longer stay on the table.
- Keyboard menu layout revamped in new UI similar to the controller (text should be much more readable).
- Fixed issue causing server browser to break if you searched for friends.
- Fixed issue with reseting cards that are layered.
- Fixed cleaning up promoted players when they are disconnected.
- Fixed flipping wider cards by hovering over them made them hit the table.