This main focus of this patch is on memory optimization, which brings the RAM usage down extensively. This will improve overall gameplay and fix the issues people with less RAM have been having.
Memory Management Overhaul:
- All content is now dynamically loaded/unloaded on RAM when needed (only the contents on screen are on RAM).
- Initial load time is now almost instant.
- Starting size is 0.3 gigs of ram (previously 1.6 gigs).
- This will allow even larger Mods due to the improved RAM headroom.
- Trade off is spawned objects must be loaded from the disk which is slightly slower (minor stutter).
- Brand new jpg compression with much lower files sizes (60% smaller).
- Overall Mod stability improvements.
- Reduced memory footprint for mods due to better compression.
- Resolved many memory leak issues, especially when loading multiple Mods.
- Improved load times when loading from the cache/drive.
- Renamed ‘URL Images’ folder to ‘Images’ (cleanout old cache and improved the name).
- Added more chat messages to inform players the progress of Steam Workshop syncing.
- If special characters are in the file path, the mod save location will be changed to the Game’s Data folder.
- Custom Model has a new object type “Board” (alt zoom does not work on Boards).
- Added a checkbox to enable or disable controller input.
- Mods can be saved to the Game’s Data folder or Documents/My Games (Save in the game folder if your OS username has special characters).
- Voice chat volume sliders removed because new voice chat uses sound equalizing.
Layered Card Improvements:
- Highlight now works on card layers properly, highlighting all the cards that will be picked up.
- Multi-pickup and box selection will no longer mess up layered cards when grabbed.
- Shaking a stack of layered cards will break them apart.
- Held layered cards will no longer be ripped off into hands if dragged into one.
- Alt Zoom now works on locked objects, but ignores board objects.
- Object rotations are even more accurate when dragging a held object into a hand.
- Controller keybinds in the launcher are now labeled (Controller).
- Fixed disabling hands while cards are in them, so they no longer fall through the table.
- Fixed window mode being stuck on top of everything else even when alt+tabbing.
- Fixed game resetting settings on first load.
- Fixed expand arrow on Workshop and save files.
- Special characters in Usernames will no longer be an issue for Mods.
- Fixed camera zooming on table when changing color is in FPS camera mode.
- Fixed download completion percent disappearing when loading directly from one custom mod to another.
- Added a joystick recenter check to help fix the rotating camera bug (also can disable controller in setting)