Berserk Games is seeking an experienced UI/UX Designer to re-design the entire UI in our published game Tabletop Simulator on Steam and for upcoming VR and future tablet support.
We are currently only accepting applications from North America. This is a paid (remote) contract position with possibility of full time employment.
The ideal candidate should have an eye for clean and responsive design, be able to translate high-level requirements into prototypes and proper UI/UX documentation, and then transform them into pixel perfect, intuitive, and functional user interface designs. They must be highly creative, self-motivated, extremely talented, driven and have a strong desire to go above and beyond in their tasks. They will have an understanding of user experience and interaction design and will be highly competent in the understanding and visual design of complete systems. They will be forward thinking & proactive in terms of finding ways to improve the design of the game’s UI across the board with minimal direction.
Designers are expected to be available via Skype or Discord to go over their progress to ensure they can meet our deadlines. Our work hours are 11am-7pm CST.
- 2+ years experience designing software UI/UX.
- User focused. You have a deep understanding and appreciation of the process of identifying users’ needs.
- Experience in creating UI in Unity to achieve desired visual controls for games.
- A strong portfolio of creative ideas that demonstrate conceptual thinking and process across different disciplines and formats.
- Working experience creating screen flows, interaction models, responsive layout and UI elements.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written) and grammatical proficiency.
- Prior experience as a UI/UX designer on at least one shipped game title (non-game industry experience on completed software products or live applications/websites may be acceptable).
- Ability to communicate effectively between design, art and programming.
- Comfortable with rapidly changing requirements and tight deadlines.
- Passionate about games and gaming.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash, After Effects, etc.).
- Programming or scripting experience (C++, C#, Lua, Python, etc.).
- Traditional art, photography, or graphic design experience.
- Perforce or other version control software.
- A portfolio that demonstrates an understanding of the entire UI/UX pipeline from concept to completion.
- Samples of working UI/UX prototypes from previous completed commercial products/websites.
- Art resumes must be accompanied by a Website portfolio.
- Plus: Samples of traditional art or graphic design.
- Plus: Samples of code/scripts.
Send your resume, portfolio and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org