Marketing & PR Assistant
** Please only apply if you live in the Austin, TX area. We are not accepting remote work.
Berserk Games is seeking an experienced Marketing & PR Assistant to join us in working on Tabletop Simulator and future games. . We are currently only accepting applications from Austin, TX as we have just opened up a studio in downtown.
We are looking for someone who has experience in the game industry.
The Marketing & PR Assistant will be responsible for support, research, and administrative tasks. This may include preparing files, presentations, and schedules, as well as monitoring relevant media coverage and assembling press kits. They will develop PR and marketing plans that communicate key messages and promotes our games. They will also write and edit media materials, such as press releases, newsletters, and multimedia presentations.
The Marketing & PR Assistant will work closely with the community to gather feedback and ideas and to ensure there are positive relations between the community and development team. This includes using all forms of social media, our forums and Steam community forums.
- Proven experience as a Marketing assistant, PR assistant, Community Management or similar position in the game industry.
- Must be a confident communicator and presenter.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills.
- Have a full understanding of media needs and media relationships.
- Be proactive, reliable, responsible and accurate with an attention to detail.
- Possess the ability to keep information confidential.
- Tactical understanding of all primary social media platforms.
- Self motivated with a positive and professional approach.
- Good understanding of office management and marketing principles.
- Understanding of PR and marketing concepts and practices.
- Willingness to follow industry trends and current methods.
- Knowledge of video production and editing.
- Computer savvy; working knowledge of databases and design software (e.g. Photoshop) is a plus.
- Well-organized with a customer-oriented approach.
- Excellent knowledge of Google Docs/Microsoft Office, marketing computer software and online applications (CRM tools, Online analytics, Google Adwords etc.).
- BSc/BA in public relations, communications or relevant experience.
- Pitching positive stories about upcoming company announcements to the media.
- Building relationships with the media and influencers in the industry.
- Managing and updating company messaging.
- Conducting industry and client research to help drive the direction of marketing campaigns.
- Keep calendars (editorial, press conferences, events etc.) and media lists..
- Prepare and deliver promotional presentations.
- Compose and post online content on the company’s website and social media accounts.
- Assist in organizing and execution of events, campaigns etc.
- Draft and distribute content such as newsletters and releases.
- Create and edit videos and presentations as assigned.
- Employ marketing analytics techniques to gather important data (social media, web analytics, rankings etc.).
- Invent ways to streamline communication and plan execution.
- Communicate directly with the community and encourage trusting relationships.
- Research different board game companies to find possible games as new DLC.
- Undertake general administrative and clerical duties.
Send your cover letter, resume and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org (All are required)