Happy September! Last week we released Jigsaw Puzzles as a new game mode and it’s been a very popular addition! Currently you can load in any image and it will automatically break it up into an 80 piece puzzle. For convenience sake, the original image is darkened on the board so you can see what it looks like as you place the pieces down. This is considered the “beginner” level. We’re in the process of adding in some different difficulty levels and variations where the image won’t be on the board, etc, so don’t worry you puzzle aficionados, there will definitely be more advanced versions coming up ahead!
Here’s a lovely image of my first completed puzzle!
Behind the Scenes
We’ve been in contact with different publishers as we hope to bring in new official DLC to Tabletop Simulator. We mentioned one confirmed in a previous update and now we have another! We look forward to adding in official games that you know and love! Stay tuned for more info about our upcoming DLCs.
We value our community’s feedback and over this past year we have implemented a lot of features and suggestions that you guys have given us. And we’re still listening! Please continue to post your suggestions on our official forums. Here’s a teaser of what we’ve been working on for upcoming updates.
I’ve mentioned what we’re working on in previous Weekly Posts so let’s see how we’ve done thus far:
What’s been added since The Weekly Posts began:
- Saved camera positions – This is a great new addition and we’re going to be improving the camera positions so they are exact as well!
- Grid line improvements – We added the ability for you to raise/lower the grid lines, having more control on the various axises.
- 2D Pointers – We added in the different pointers for the 2D hand for more clicking enjoyment!
- Digital counters – Another very useful addition where you can keep score, keep track of different objects and much more.
- Randomized Spawn Positions – This is an awesome addition that will make everyday games even better and easier to manage.
- Another game mode? – Why yes, it was the awesome new jigsaw puzzles!
What’s still to come:
- Search improvements – This is still one we need to tackle, but it will most likely take an overhaul and will be coming later.
- Custom bags – We’re still going to be doing this, don’t worry!
- Hidden Area improvements – This is also still in the works.
- Saved Objects Improvements – Definitely a must have and is in the works.
Not too shabby in these past 4 weeks! And those are just the ones I told you about, there were a lots of other great things that have been added in the past month.
So what else are we working on?
- Puzzle improvements – I have mentioned this already, but since it takes a lot of work, it’s worth mentioning again.
- Custom token improvements – Like being able to stack them and change the back color!
- Infinite spawners – Like the Go bowls!
Discuss this post on our forums!