Update v9.5 New DLC Three Kingdoms Redux, Oculus Touch Support & Engine Upgrade with Better Performance!
This is a big update in that we updated our engine to a new version of Unity. This gives us better cpu multi-threading utilization for better performance in scenes with lots of objects. The game should overall be on a better foundation than ever before.
Three Kingdoms Redux is a board game that seeks to recreate the tripartite between the states of Wei, Wu and Shu. You assume the role of one of the three lords – Cao Cao leading Cao Wei, Sun Jian leading Eastern Wu or Liu Bei leading Shu Han.
And for our VR users, rejoice! Oculus Touch support is now officially here! VR performance in general should also be improved up to 30% faster. Check it out and let us know how it is. Of course, there’s still more to come as well!
And lastly, our tutorial series is currently undergoing a revamp since we’ve changed so much and added new features. Here is the first episode in the new 2017 Tutorial Series – Basic Controls.
DLC – Three Kingdoms Redux
- Three Kingdoms Redux by [url=https://startingplayer.com]Starting Player[/url] is now live.
- Now available for $7.99 with a 20% launch discount!
- Only the host needs to own the DLC for everyone else to play.
- This game is for 3 players only.
- To begin, follow the instructions on screen or open up the notebook when the on screen notes disappear.
- Make sure to hover and read tool tips as some things have specific instructions that need to be followed.
- High quality and detailed with a lot of scripted elements to play around with.
Unity 5.6.2 Update
- Improved CPU Multi-threaded rendering (up to 50% performance increase when there are lots of objects).
- Improved physics calculations at high speed.
- Greatly improved camera collision code to reduce jitter and clipping. (This will also stop cheating by trying to clip under the table to look at cards)
- Chat colors have changed due to the update (are a bit darker).
- Custom AssetBundle project has been updated to the new Unity version as well.
- TTSAssetBundleEffects adds animator support.
- Assetbundles with custom shaders might be pink (Either don’t use custom shaders or re-export your Assetbundles with the updated project).
- Added support for Oculus Touch.
- VR performance improvement up to 30% faster.
- Controllers now animate to match your controller in real life.
- You can toggle UI mode to have a floating UI that can be dragged into position.
- Alt Zoom works a lot better now on everything.
- Hover tooltip text now works with description.
- Fixed resizing game view breaking the UI interaction.
- onObjectTriggerEffect(Object, int index)
- onObjectLoopingEffect(Object, int index)
- onObjectRandomize(Object, string player_color)
- Added bool debug to cast() to visualize the cast.
- Fixed size parameter in cast() being double in size than it should all script must be updated.
- Increased the number of hits from 100 possible to 1000.
- LUTs (look-up textures) have been added to the lighting menu.
- This gives you a wider variety of lighting and color choices from one extreme to the other.
- You can choose from over 100 different LUTs or import your own (256x16).
- You can read more about LUTs here.
- Added “Upload all loaded files” button on the Cloud menu.
- This takes all the files in the mod and uploads them directly to your Steam Cloud.
- This is useful when a mod has a broken file and there’s no other way to fix it.
- This is also great for transferring your local files automatically to the Cloud when you’re ready to play your game in multiplayer.
- Custom files must be cached to your disk in order to work, so make sure to search any bags to force a cache.
- Keep in mind that it will upload ALL files to the Cloud. There’s no way to pick and choose individual files.
- Tooltip text is now aligned left instead of center.
- All menus in the Options folder, as well as the Workshop Upload menu have been slightly updated to match.
- Updated Teams menu.
- Scythe – Updated lighting for better presentation.
- Warfighter – Updated lighting for better presentation.
- Warfighter – Fixed issue with tokens not turned the correct way.
- Updated Tiny Epic Western and In the Name of Odin DLCs so there are no longer any pink elements for Mac & Linux users.
- Added support for 5 teams – welcome, Team Jokers!
- Replaced tablet with a new one that is thinner with smaller bezels.
- Fixed assetbundle name conflict when reloading an object.
Discuss this post on our forums!