03/24/2017 – Update v8.9 New DLC – Xia: Legends of a Drift System, Cosmic Encounter expansion, Dominion, & Lots of Improvements!
This update focused on a lot of behind the scenes stuff that will really help the way we test and release patches in the future.
We’re also looking into getting Tabletop Simulator upgraded to 64 bit as only .8% of our player base is on 32 bit. We will not be offering both, so once we upgrade to 64 bit, we will phase out 32 bit support. So if you are on a 32 bit OS we recommend looking to upgrade.
There is still a lot of work to getting Tabletop Simulator 64 bit, but the advantages of using more than ~3 gigs of ram will greatly improve the game’s stability and allow you guys to be more creative with your mods.
New DLC – Xia: Legends of a Drift System
- Xia by Far Out Games is now available on Steam for $7.99 with a 20% discount!
- This is for the base game only – the expansion is not included.
- High quality and detailed with a lot of scripted elements.
- Auto-shuffle of decks.
- Color protection so only the Game Master or the seated player can operate their own buttons.
- Drawers that open and close and contain bags of items.
- Trash chute that, when you close it, deletes the contents.
- Scroll through your ship/npc/ability cards.
- Triggering animation and highlighting when a victory is achieved.
- Xia is for 3-5 players, ages 12 and up.
- Only the host needs to own this DLC.
Updated DLC – Cosmic Encounter Expansion #5 – Cosmic Dominion
- Cosmic Dominion has finally been released in Tabletop Simulator!
- Now available for $2.99 on the Cosmic Encounter store page.
- 30 new aliens – Thirty new aliens blast their way in!
- 32 Reward Cards – Brand new deck!
- 30 Flare Cards – Wacky new powers and flares.
- 8 Ship Markers – New ship markers to create your own variants.
- Cosmic Encounter is required to play Cosmic Dominion.
- Only the host needs to own Cosmic Encounter and its expansions.
DLC – Warfighter Improvements
- Reset card with the sideways setting back to normal.
- Removed the Infinite Bag type from the Warfighter main rulebook cover.
- Main board is now locked in place.
- Returned XP and SUPP tokens to their original Chip setting.
- Tooltip added to the Designator Board to aid clarity.
- Warfighter includes expansions #1-9.
Workshop, Saves and Saved Objects Improvements
- Improved name sorting of folders in saves, workshop, and saved objects.
- Preview games menu now includes save/workshop files that are in folders.
- When searching in Workshop, Saves, and Saved Objects it will search all files in your folder or below.
Steam Cloud Improvements
- Major increase from 1 gig to 100 gigs in the Steam Cloud.
- This should fix issues people had when they reached the 1gig limit.
- 1,000 file limit to 10,000 file limit.
- No need to use external web hosts if you don’t want to.
- Steam Cloud now syncs thumbnail images.
- The Gizmo Tool now works for Promoted Players.
- When an object is selected with the gizmo tool it will also be highlighted by the player’s color.
- Gizmo Tool swapped hotkey with Snap Points to now be F9.
Mac & Linux Improvements
- Fixed Tabletop Simulator documents location for Mac and Linux.
- Should automatically move files.
- Mac: ~/My Games/Tabletop Simulator to ~/Library/Tabletop Simulator
- Linux: ~/My Games/Tabletop Simulator to ~/.local/share/Tabletop Simulator
- Saves folder can now have save files with any format name – they no longer have to be TS_Save_#.
- Added delay for download progress appearing onscreen.
- When searching the new menus, thumbnails should flicker less.
- Added scale property to createButton() and editButton()
- Fixed duplication exploit.
- Fixed some potential issues with TTSAssetBundleEffects with null references.
- Fixed Saved Objects not loading for some people.
- Fixed grid hex setting being lost when opening the grid menu.
Discuss this post on our forums!