02/17/2017 – Update v8.7 New DLC, Scuttle!, New Gizmo Tools, Hidden Zones Improvements!
We’ve got a brand new DLC by Jelly Bean Games that’s a great game for the whole family. Scuttle! is a card game for 1-5 valiant pirates, suitable for players as young as 6. In this fast-playing card game, players scheme, battle and steal to be the first to collect 21 doubloons.
We’re excited that we’ve got some great new tools and improvements with the Gizmo Tool and Hidden Zones! You can now modify zones and objects to a whole new level – even inputting exact values that you want.
We have also updated the Chest (now Components) menu to match the rest of the UI and it’s setup very similar to the Games menu.
New DLC – Scuttle!
- Scuttle! is a pirate themed card game for ages 6 and up and created by Jelly Bean Games.
- Now available for $4.99 with a 20% launch discount.
- Scuttle! includes the base game and 2 free expansions, The Curse of Jack Black and Scurvy!
- Only the host needs to own the DLC for everyone to play.
New Gizmo Tools
- The Gizmo tools have been overhauled to be more easy to use and give you more flexibility and control.
- The Gizmo will always be the same size on screen.
- The Gizmo tool can move non-interactable items.
- It works on all objects including zones (excluding Hand Zones).
- You can now use the Gizmo tool on multiple objects.
- CTRL + Click to multi select objects.
- Use to move an object in space.
Snap move. Screen space translation.
- Use to rotate an object.
- Use to scale an object.
Snap scaling. Uniform scale.
- Use to scale an object by stretching its sides.
Snap scaling. Scale from center.
- Local: Gizmos are in selected object’s rotation.
- Global: Gizmos are in global rotation.
- Center: Gizmos placed at the center of the selection.
- Pivot: Gizmos placed at selected object’s pivot point.
Volume Scale (NEW):
Transform Space (NEW):
- Added Transform menu to Gizmo tool.
- When using the Gizmo Tool, click an object and a menu pops up so you can input the values for the X, Y & Z axis.
- This will let you place, move, rotate or size objects to your exact specifications.
- Drag the x, y, or z label for each component to increase or decrease the value.
- Easy to select and copy (for pasting into Lua scripts) or click to copy it all to clipboard.
Hidden Zones Improvements
- With the improvements to the Gizmo Tool, comes improvements to the Hidden Zones.
- You can now use the Gizmo tools to have precise control of the zones.
- Create your Zones, then switch to the Gizmo Tool (you can use any of them).
- Use Volume Scale to really get the precise size and placement that you want.
- You can also input exact values into the Transform menu if you know the sizes you need.
- Zones no longer have a larger invisible collider (new zones will be default taller).
- Revamped Chest Menu.
- Renamed Chest to Components.
- Updated the Components menu to match the rest of the UI.
- Larger buttons for bigger previews.
- Improved drag & drop spawning positioning.
- Updated category menu icons.
Scythe DLC Improvements
- All doubled separator dash lines have been removed from Tool Tip texts.
- The “Innovative” and “Militant” Mat running order has been switched to match the numbers on the Selection cards.
- Fixed issue with snap points on the Mechanical game mat.
- Fixed typo for ‘Innovative’ in Mat tooltip.
- Fixed minor scripting issues.
Tiny Epic Western DLC Improvements
- Made the Influence and Industry tokens not sticky, so that manipulating them is easier when trying to move stacks.
- Fixed Colored zones for Red/Green being mixed up.
- Fixed rotation snap points for the porch slots of the player mats so the cards face the correct way.
- onObjectLeaveContainer(Object Container, Object LeaveObject)
- Fixed Superfight DLC so table and backgrounds can’t be clicked on and accidentally deleted.
- Camera reset position for colors that don’t have hands is now calculated based on the positions of the hands on the table.
- You can now ALT zoom objects in the UI menus.
- Improved rotation on objects in the UI to match ALT zoom (Sideways cards, figurines, tools, etc).
- Loading local assetbundle that is already in the caching location will use the shorthand version.
- Fixed issue with ALT RMB dropping both cards when the deck gets down the last two.
- Fixed copying Text Tool guid to clipboard.
- Fixed issue with drop sound for Assetbundles not working.
- Fixed issue with Assetbundle point filter texture being weird.
- Fixed issue with Workshop search tooltips being messed up.
- Fixed issue with loading assetbundles from your local disk.
- Fixed issue with saving in VR.
- Fixed bizarre camera spinning when pressing the spacebar to reset the camera.
Dicuss this post on our forums!